View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb
Any major differences compared to the Boxster (other than the obvious)? Acceleration, stiffness, braking, handling, noise? Or do they feel the same?
Good question. I do notice some differences but since I haven't driven Punkin much in the last 3 months, I was wondering if I was just imagining things. The Cayman seems livelier even though they have the same HP (the 08 Box got a 10 HP bump to 295 - same as the 07 Cayman). The Boxster has Sport Chrono, the Cayman doesn't. I don't drive in the sport mode very often so maybe the base mode of SC isn't as quick as a non-SC car. The Cayman has a stiffer ride. It has Michelins and the Box has Contis, maybe the difference is there? Handling and brakes are not different. Noise is interesting - the Cayman has a rattle at start up and a constant rattle. The latter is from the little curtain thingy they use to hide the contents in your trunk. It has a couple of sprung arms that rattle. It will be coming out soon to either be fixed or permanently removed. Cayman owners on Planet-9 talk about a "beer can sound" that fits the rattle at start up, which is also in the rear of the car. Need to do some investigating into this one. I hate rattles. So for now the Box wins the quiet award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb
Are you going to really retire the PT Cruiser?
Sadly, Petey must go. I have to slash inventory. I currently own 4 cars and have a 2 car garage (BTW... I'm single). My 79 Mustang Pace Car resides at my mom's. I spent all weekend cleaning Petey, so he still gets 1 of the available garage slots and the Cayman sits in the driveway. Don't want to keep that arrangement for too long. Petey was a good soldier and was very utilitarian.

UPDATE
Just sold Petey tonight (3/16). :dance:
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 03-16-2011 at 07:27 PM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote