View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
husker boxster

Got her home Fri night. Been busy with a million things since. Wanted to get her claybarred and waxed, which I did yesterday. Now she's ready for her photo shoot.

It took several rounds of the "safety dance" to get the transaction all set. My bank wanted to be absolutely, positively sure he was legit and I'm glad they were so thorough. It's kind of sad we need to triple check to be sure it's not an elaborate scam.

The seller was great. He picked me up at the airport. I drove the car to his nearby business. I looked it over (more later) and then we started the wire transfers, faxings, and FedExings. Hit the road and headed to Dallas to spend the night at my sister's and then made the rest of the trip to Omaha on Fri. It's a blast to drive and a 1000 mi trip is a good way to get to know a car.

The car had a few scratches and dings, but nothing major. In some ways I'm glad it's not pristine since I want to use it year round and at DEs. I may have been a bit disappointed if it was my first or only Porsche. But it fits the bill perfectly.

I mentioned in my first post that it only had memory seats. I should mention that it also has heated seats, which was a "must have" for me since it will see winter duty. My Boxster's heated seats spoiled me. I was surprised that there are so many Caymans that don't have heated seats. Granted, they were in FL, TX, and CA, but I figured most of them had this option. Would have liked Sport Chrono, but didn't find many with this option and even fewer that were reasonably priced. I did see a few with Sport Chrono on base models. Found that interesting.

So she's home and acclimating nicely to her new location. Here are a few pics.

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote