View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #10
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Tinsby
A few months back my wife managed to run over a rock tearing a hole in the sidewall of a Blizzak tire on her Benz SLK. Called all over the country and even called Bridgestone and there was no replacement to be found anywhere.

So I called the illustrious Tire Rack and asked them if they had a suitable/comparable tire I could use to match the one that was destroyed. I was told to get a pair of the latest Blizzaks and "it would be fine". I doubted them but went ahead and bought 2. Bad advice ( and I am being kind )

The two different models of Blizzaks were NOT at all compatible or safe to use with the existing ones. The car was undriveable under any circumstance.

I ended up buying all 4 matching tires and of course then it was "fine"

I should have followed my gut: Don't mix tire brands, make sure all 4 are the identical make and model. Lest you end up like I did.

Good luck!
The car was undriveable under any circumstance? That's difficult to believe. What were the two tire models and respective tread depths? Stock sizes?
I am able to drive my car in dry conditions with any OEM size tires on it.