View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
SoCalKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab
it is time to replace my 00 boxster rear tires. I have the Pirelli P Zero tires. I beleive this tire is discontinued. Questions:
1. I only need to replace my rear is it okay to have 2 different name brands?
2. The car is in hibernation I will only be driving my car when the temps go above 40F, weekend rides..top down so noise is a factor and the car will never see snow. What name brand tire would you recommend?
Fab
I was in the same dilema last year as the rears usualy go at a 2:1 rate to the fronts. However I didn't want to stay with the P zero. I had the Rosso P zeros. I started a thread asking what tires others liked and "for the money" there were many fans of the Falken 912. I was able to buy all 4 for close to the price of just 2 rear P zero tires. I'm happy with them and would recommend them. I have a 00s with 18 inch tires. the only thing was that when I bought them the manager told me they were fazing out the 912 series and recommended I buy the model they were updating it with. I can't say if this was just a sales pitch to sell what he had in stock as he had to order in the 912s.
Ken
SoCalKen is offline   Reply With Quote