View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
JoeFromPA

Motor Mount Replacement - Drop lower cooling hoses

Hi all,

I've got my boxster up on some stands, got the motor mount completed disconnected - 4 bolts on the cradle and 2 off the bottom of the mount (1 above the mount is still in the engine, but loosened).

I have pushed, pried and pulled the motor mount sideways, diagonally, on and on and there is no way that cradle is getting past my lower hoses. I realize a few DIY guides seem to disagree with me there....hehehe.

Now, here's the thing. My lower coolant hoses look pretty worn. They aren't spongy or bulging, but they are heavily cracked and the outer rubber is flaking off rpetty readily. So I decided "What if I replaced them and made this job alot easier".

I found these hoses on Pelican Parts for like $8 per hose, or $16 for new hoses. Pretty cheap to alleviate frustration in removing and re-installing the motor mount, and getting piece of mind about that rubber holding up under heat and pressure.

So here are my questions:

1. Can someone confirm these are the right hoses:
Left Hose (similar description and price for the right side)

2. How much coolant will come out when these hoses are replaced? I have about 3-4 liters of pink pentosin coolant - will this be enough to replace (with distilled water) when I top off and bleed the system? I am fine going with 60% distilled water if necessary - this car doesn't get that cold.

3. Can anyone point me in the direction/part number of fresh plastic support clips that slide onto the wishbone? One of mine broke when I tried to slide it off.

Thanks all,

Joe

06 Civic SI - 114k miles, D.D., unbelievably reliable and fun to beat on everyday.

08 Legacy GT 5spd - 74k miles.
JoeFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote