View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 05:59 AM   #8
Dale_K

I'm 6'3" and 172lbs and I find the Boxster a little cramped for head and leg room but I can make it work. The issue with the seat is just like you said, if you move it back far enough the backrest angle is too upright. It helps to raise the seat, which lets you get more angle but eventually you'll hit your head. Of course that's not much problem with the top off except you begin to lose the windshield sight line. I'm looking through the top 2" of the windshield.

It's better than a Miata but I doubt I could use the Boxster on long trips or as my daily driver. My car does not have lumbar adjustment and maybe if it did some of the issues with the seat back angle could be improved. The small of my back is kind of contorted forward if I move the seat back to where I really want it.

Plus one more thing. If I move the seat back to where it touches the carpeted panel covering the forward firewall the seat starts to make crackling popping sounds from the seatback.

The car still works for me since I prefer driving with the top open and that gives me more options for the seat. I can move it higher and tilt the back a little more.
Dale_K is offline   Reply With Quote