View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by parks31
I just bought a 2007 Boxster with 9800 miles. The car has had a yearly service done for the last 4 years at the dealership. It is time for another and I was quoted $465. My local independent import mechanic quoted me $250 for oil change and inspections. My only concern is the importance of the dealer stamp for resale as well as possible problems requiring Porsche's help. Does anyone have any input? Thanks in advance, Adam
Adam, first congrats on the new Boxster, hope you are enjoying it...post pics! I think they question I would ask is would it have mattered to you if the stamps yearly were from a good Indy...I bought a 2000 'S' in Nov and was happy to see the Indy receipts along side the dealers...in fact I trusted there work more and took the car back to them for something I couldn't do myself. I actually would be totally happy to see maintenance records done by the owner if they seemed competent. Maybe the general public thinks the dealer stamp is so important but in general someone buying one of these cars probably doesn't...who knows. Stop by and meet the indy and see if they have a clean shop, are happy to meet you and show interest in doing work for you...that's what I did.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote