View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
Jake D

Gas guage wrong/ Reserve tank?

So I noticed in my owners manual says that fuel capacity is 16.9 gallons with a reserve of 2.9 gallons. I try to not run the car on low often, but lately its been happening more which brings up my question.

The low fuel light will come on. If I keep driving to the point where the needle touches the first line on the guage and fill up I can only get roughly 14.5 gallons in. Is this normal for all or is it possible that my gauge is wrong and kicking the light on early?

Can the car be driven below the first line approaching the larger orange section? I read somewhere that the pump is cooled by the gas so its not good to drive it low on fuel because the pump can then run hot and cause it to have an earlier life. This true?

Off that subject, I just ordered the "red clip" for the top so I can set the alarm with the top down. Do the windows still need to be up or will it work with them down also?

Thanks, Jake