View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
Bob O

I sorta figured as much on the repairs. The local Mercedes/Porsche/Ferrari dealer is, well lets just say he's not the most inexpensive guy in town! And, at the moment I know of no independents, although I'm sure they're around just like they are for us. Come to think of it though, several of the independents I've used are also Mercedes mechanics. I'll call a couple of them and see what they say.

The depreciation I don't really care about...that's why I'm buying used. Heck, at these prices (17-20K for a 60-70K car when new, that's only four or five years old) the original buyer has absorbed the majority of the depreciation already.......hasn't he?? Sure, it's still going to depreciate some, but I can't see them going down to 3-4 grand any time soon. Could be wrong on that one though! I suppose if gas prices keep going up these guzzlers will be worth next to nothing soon.

After looking some more on the web ad pages I'm starting to like the BMW suggestion a lot more than I thought I would. Nice car...good performance, a goodly amount of room in them, all the amenities you'd expect, and, like Porches, Mercedes, et al, have depreciated significantly in the last couple of years.

This could be a lot of fun, being a buyer in this market.

Thanks again all. The hunt is still on.

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote