View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
Bob O

Thanks guys. I wasn't aware of the build issues with the MB. I'll do further research and see what I can find out. I can afford the Cayenne, I just don't want to spend that much right now when there are so many reasonably priced other used vehicles available. And considering what I'll be using it for, I thought I'd limit myself to something under 20K.

Question...are you serious about needing to replace the rotors with each pad change on the Bimmer?? That would seem to be quite escessive. I could do them myself (assuming they're no different than most others I've changed, especially the Boxster which takes all of about a half hour or so, and there's no special tools needed) but gezzz. Any speculation as to why that would be needed? I'm pretty anal about brakes (it's fun to go fast but more important to be able to slow down at the end of that long straight!) but, unless those pads last 75K miles I'd be suspicious about needing to change the rotors. Could that be something BMW issued for any number of marketing or lawsuit prevention reasons, or do you think it's really necessary?

The ride quailty with the Sport Suspension on the BMW probably wouldn't bother me. I have the RoW M030 suspension on the Box and have gotten used to a somewhat stiffer ride. Shouldn't be an issue, but I will certainly try to get some seat time in both just to make sure.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote