Thread: Rotors and pads
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #13
Bob O

I agree completely with Randall. Also remember that the first few stops after changing the rotors, pads and fluid your stopping power will be GREATLY reduced for the first few stops. Don't go tearing out of the driveway and expect it to stop where you want it to!!!! Gently apply the pedal a few times, which will start the bedding in process and get rid of any "stuff" on the pads or rotors, then go someplace isolated and seat the pads to the rotors. From a site I can't find or remember the address of anymore, this involves two or three relatively hard stops at several increasing speeds...ie 2 from 35 mph, 2 from 45 mph, up to about 80 or so. Don't come to a complete stop. Just slow down moderately hard to 5 or 10 mph, drive around a few minutes to cool things off and start over. (Some sites recommend just moderate driving for 400-500 miles. But this is the procedure I've used for years and never had any problems with my brakes.) After the pads and rotors are mated you should be good to go.

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote