View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 06:52 AM   #16
RandallNeighbour

Man, this thread has degraded from pulling a license over a non-moving violation to cops being coniving money-makers for their townships to general ********************ing about other drivers. One should never wonder why I love this forum!

Just to insure we remain off topic here, I must tell you of an experience I had Saturday morning just west of Ft. Worth Texas.

I had a 20ish aged gal in a Ford sedan (one of those smaller econoboxes for which I cannot remember the name) who noticed she had a black boxster in her rear view mirror. She, an another older woman in another car in front of her were both travelling 70 in a 65, passing a freight truck who was in the right lane. They were putzing along in the passing lane.

I, of course, was on the last day of a 17 day driving vacation and it was petal to the metal for me, only 5 more hours of driving to get home to Houston.

Well, this 20 yr old decided that she was going to be the parent driver when she realized the old lady in front of her wasn't going to do a tick over 65 if she wasn't overtaking a truck. The 20 yr old matched the speed of the old lady who had now moved into the right hand lane. Temporarily, she was blocking me back to drive the speed of the old lady, and slowed down and sped up when the old lady did.

At first, I didn't realize she was being a total jerk to the Porsche owner and I moved closer, to the left near the yellow line, flashed my brights, you know, all the normal signs for "Hey, move it I'm travelling a lot faster than you" kind of signals.

She responds with frequent taps on her brakes and then harder braking.

(My wife is now really pissed off, shouting at her and I'm trying to fend of ideas of passing on the far right or far left shoulder... decided against it because I knew one of these drivers would flick their wheel a bit and I'd be partially in the grass and spinning out unnecessarily.)

The two lane widens into 5 lanes after about 10 minutes of this crap and I downshift to 3rd, pass on the far right into merging traffic, and the 20 year old shoots me the bird as I zoomed ahead!

I tell you, this is the reason I do not own a handgun. I must say I now undertand road rage far more than before. It's inexcusable to react to another's stupid actions, but I'd never had this happen to me before in my Porsche. Some folks are evidently pissed that they can't drive a nice car. Jealousy is a nasty little beast and brings out nastiness in others too.

You'd think this is the end of the story, but the gal actually tried to keep up with me and rode my butt all the way up to 90 mph when I hit my brakes and she realized she wasn't up for the same treatment from me at those speeds.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 08-11-2005 at 06:56 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote