View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster
I'm considering a Cayman S but it's been lowered. That won't be a good thing on Omaha streets. Would changing the springs be the only thing needed to get it back to std ride height or do the struts need to be changed too? Also, in looking at the Bentley, it appears removing the struts are not just 3 bolts on top and 2 at the bottom. Looks kind of complicated. Threads I've looked at don't give much detail and I didn't see anything on Pedro's web page. How tough would this job be? I don't have a spring compressor or a ball joint thing-a-ma-jig. Sorry for such a newbie question, but I have 0 experience in this area and I want to know what's involved. There are lots of Caymans out there, so need to determine if I should pass on this one. Thanks.

Assuming that all the owner did was install after-market lowering springs, then the problem can easily be rectified by simply reinstalling the oem springs. This, however, is not a simple job. And it should only be performed by a knowledgeable person . Also, the vehicle will have to be realigned as well . On the chance that adjustable coilovers were installed, then the ride height can easily be changed via the adjustable perch. Again, you want a knowledgeable person to make this adjustment also.