View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 04:35 AM   #10
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightsandaces
frodo, just an fyi, I have four of those mini wiener jacks too, now mine are a different brand, from wallymart. I want you to know two of the four failed, they allowed slow leakage and therefore could lower a car on someone. I don't use them anymore unless it's to put a jack stand in. Now I already know we don't work under jacks without stands, (knew a guy who got crushed and lived when a jack failed) so I would never be under a jack but I'd still be pissed if I was doing say brake work and my mini jack collapsed. I replaced the mini's with an aluminum unit from harbor freight, it's never let me of the car down.
Eights---Thanks for the warning, but I already was aware. (It already will---ever so slowly---allow the car to descend.) My kid, a natural born cheapskate at heart, bought that one for his mechanic endeavors on his car. Neither one of us get under any car supported just by the jack. (I guess in a way, having a jack like that has driven home the important lesson: use the stands.)
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote