View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 03:21 AM   #5
shlim8

Hmm, power steering fluid, the thought had crossed my mind, but I forgot to check it the last time I had the engine exposed.... will have a look at that.

Yes, I'm from Singapore but currently living and working across the border in Malaysia. I travel up and down the highway hence I'm seeing all these shakes... The car is a perfect angel in Singapore with the smooth roads and 90kmh speed limits.

I've already bought the wheel bearings, in fact the last time the whole wheel hub was almost out (fixing suspension), regretted not getting the wheel bearings changed ! My mechanic claims the bearing are fine and not to waste money changing them.

Sigh.... now I've got an extra problem to deal with... I'm beginning to lose alittle more coolant. Had the cooling system checked (rather quickly) before the chinese new year (as my mechanic was trying to clear their cars before the chinese new year holidays) and no leaks spotted.

BUT I've noticed that there is coolant loss from the area of the coolant expansion tank and it's seems to be in the form of condensation - wet on the rear trunk lid, right above the coolant cap. The coolant cap has just been replaced with the latest revision. In fact just 2 days ago, I probably lost about a cup of coolant as I made the mistake of doing a high speed run just before reaching home and turning the engine off and the engine was still really hot (red line the engine) without letting the engine cool down.

Suspected that it might be the bleeder valve, will have to look at it this weekend...

Toughest part is that it's difficult to get ready spare parts as there are very few boxsters around here.

Yes, it's frustrating sometimes, sometimes to the point of being tempted to just sell the car, but then, lower the convertible top, enjoy the drive and the feeling just goes off...
shlim8 is offline   Reply With Quote