View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
shlim8

Steering Shake yet again... help

Hi, I've been trying to fix the wayward ways on my 2001 boxster 2.7 Tip, pretty much since the day I bought it 5 months ago.

So far, all the front control arms, links, all tie rods, new M030 suspension has been put in. Front tires hunter road force balanced, wheel alignment done.

The car has dramatically improved, however I still cannot get rid of the last bit of steering shake/loose feeling that the car gives me whenever I do a very high speed run or when the road gets bad. It is not that bad and driven at legal speeds, I hardly notice it but at high speeds, it does reduce my confidence in the car that I have to back down on the speed.

There is almost nothing else in the front suspension that I haven't changed, so I'm leaning towards a deteriorating rack or tie rods.... Those have been checked by my mechanic for free play by shaking on it....

Question is, is there a better way of checking the tie rods or steering rack or do I have to take the tie rod out ?? I'm wondering if it's the ball joint on the outer tie rod. Frankly, I'm tempted to just change the tie rod ends.

Any suggestions ??
shlim8 is offline   Reply With Quote