View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
laphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgstu
I have been reading the forum for hints of which upgrades to my 1998 Boxster Tip should be my priority.

I had thought about getting rid of the amber indicator lens, front and side repeaters and of course the amber triangle fillers. Or upgrading to HID, kits are avilable for approx £70

Problem though as I have read that it is not road legal to have HIDs without auto levelling and washers - does anyone know if that is correct? I am in the UK by the way.

Have also read that 996 headlights are a direct replacement and that Liptronics are awesome but expensive...

On some posts it has been mentioned that rather than spend 2k on Liptronics there are plenty of other mods that would take priority ....... any ideas what they would be?

Top tips for Boxster upgrades greatly appreciated

Cheers
My car has litronics option installed from factory, it works good but not worth $2K upgrade IMO.
I did put HID bulb on my previous car and it melted the bulb holder at the back of housing. Not recommended.

IMO, the best $2K upgrade is LN IMS upgrade, it makes you sleep better without have to worry about you engine detonate at anytime. You can also put light weight flywheel and high perf. clutch while doing IMS upgrade.
laphan is offline   Reply With Quote