View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Paul, ok I just tried this, as I suspected the little washing machine type switch does indeed effect whether or not the top will close or open. Once you unlatch the roof and the hook is pulled from the housing on the window you will see a little hole where the hook went in. You can open and close switch in there with your finger or a screw driver. It is there so that the roof won't engage if it is not unlocked first. See if that is somehow stuck in the up position (i.e. the position that it would be in if roof latch hook was in it). If I push mine in the roof will not open or close. I actually hear a little clitch when I push it in with my finger.

That housing on the window (I'll have to get the name in my PET system) has other electronics in it too such as the interior light and I think the motion sensor and rain sensor though I'm not sure of those details. All I know is mine has broken away from the window because the nuts in the window frame split open. While I was trying to fix it I saw all the electronics in there.

Good luck.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote