View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
qikqbn

Garage
GAHH glass top photos... Here is a photo of my engine access with my tie strap ratchet system holding it up and in place. As you can see... plenty of space to work on top of engine. My recommendation for any extensive work on top of engine is to also remove 4 bolts and take off rear trunk lid. If you try laying on it or sliding around on your trunk lid you will dent it and scratch it. takes 5 minutes to remove it and then you can sit or kneel in rear trunk and be much more comfortable working on the top of your engine for extended periods.

I also included photos of the GAHH top in position closed... Something to look closely at... The GAHH uses the original 3 bow system that the 1997-2002 Boxster used. The 4 Bow system for 2003-2004 Is a much different profile top, which causes the profile line of the convertible top to be a little more "bubble" like. I prefer the sleek look of the 3 bow, but that's my personal opinion. Trying to go for the 4 bow system on an earlier car will be much more difficult. I do not think engine top access is much more beneficial with the 4 bow.

This is actually my 2nd GAHH top... I was one of the first to try it out several years ago and they have made great strides in improving the construction and fit. The 1st Gahh I had on had some issue with the cables being a little too stiff and not falling into their groves along the top of the window when it closed. When a new improved version came out with better glass seal and better cables, they replaced mine for free under warranty. They stand behind their product and that was almost 3-4 years ago. I have had absolutely no issues with the top. So I highly recommend it for early 986 owners.
Attached Images

qikqbn is offline   Reply With Quote