View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
Idaho Red Rocket 3

Reseal the "Lager Deckel" ?

So today I called the local Porsche dealer to get an idea of what it will cost to rehab the RMS, IMS and Clutch. I was told those 3 items would cost about $3500. That would be 18 hours of labor at $104 each, about $860 for the clutch, $520 for the IMS bearing and then I guess they needed another $400 for the $14 RMS seal and all the other misc. parts and such. I think the parts prices are excessive. I asked the service manager if he sees many IMS failures. He said they had 3 in the last year. We are a small market here in Idaho.

He said while they were in there, they would also reseal the engine bolts and the "Lager Deckel".

Here is the big question. What is the Lager Deckel ? ( I hope it isn't something like a '49 Henway )

I also asked about having a 4 wheel alignment. Quoted at $189.00. Is that a fair price ? Can a Boxster be properly aligned at a regular alignment shop ?

I also called our local Indy Porsche shop. He can do the RMS and clutch, but won't do IMS. Says he is not equiped to do it and isn't sure if is just hysteria. He said in all his years he had only seen 1 fail.
Idaho Red Rocket 3 is offline   Reply With Quote