View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #8
sbhodge

Thanks everyone.

I also thought it was strange for coils to go like that. I am in Townsville and the nearest Porsche Service Centre is Cairns which is 360km's away. That is where (Lars) the Porsche mechanic was flown down from. They are very disinterested in the problem and tried to rip me off for the second set of coils!!!

I forgot to mention that the ignition barrel was faulty so they replaced the ignition for me as well.

I have checked the battery terminal and cable. Have even replaced the battery. Fuel filter was changed at last service but I will check it again.

My mechanic that changed the last set of coils said he knows that the newer Fords have big problems with coils going on a regular basis but was unsure with Porsche.

Can anyone recommend which model Durametric that I should buy. I have always had pre-computer cars that were fairly easy to work on and diagnose. This is a bit new to me with all of these sensors. I will get one as per all of your advice. My last resort will be to put it on a truck and send it back to LARS!!!!!!

Love the car though and my wife says I have a constant smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

I am determined to solve this with all of your help. Thanks again.
sbhodge is offline   Reply With Quote