View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 05:07 AM   #7
Carl AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
You might want to take another look through your owner's manual--mine clearly states that the windows go up and down only if you stick your key in the lock and turn it, as SD987 suggests. Unfortunately, it does NOT go up or down with the buttons on the key.

As for the passenger compartment monitoring, I'm told that there's an infrared system in the car only if the top is up. I haven't tested that theory though.
Thanks to everyone for the information. I'll try to see if my windows are working as they should. It seems the big owners manual says you need to have the key in the lock but the quick reference guide suggests you can press and hold button #1 on the key (like my MB).

Would the passenger compartment monitoring be activated with the top up but the windows down? I think the alarm system detects a fault when the windows are down and gives the horn warning but I believe everything else is activated.

I now know I need to make sure I wait for a period of time after arming to check the system. Thanks for putting up with the "new owner figuring the car (and owners manual) out" questions.

Last edited by Carl AMG; 08-05-2005 at 05:21 AM.
Carl AMG is offline   Reply With Quote