Thread: Litronics
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
Perfectlap

actually 986 headlights will fit any 996 Carrera from 1999-2001 because the 911 took them from the Boxster...and not the other way around. They are not 996 headlight but in fact Boxster lights. Ditto for the interior, the 993 Carrera was still being sold with the old interior in 1998 when Porsche told Carrera owners that they could get a preview of what their new Carrera's lights and interior would like by paying a visit to their neighbohr with the 1996 (in Europe) or 1997 Boxster.
The 1999 - 2004 Carrera is the Boxster prototype with a big butt, engine in the wrong place, and later on, with some front changes "the face lift" that came in 2002. I think mostly because the Carrera owners got mad that you couldn't tell if it was a Boxster or Carrera from the doors forward.

I believe even the the GT1 Le Mans Porsche used Boxster headlights. I noticed a photo in the race garage and it had the little triangles that 986 Boxster owners could swap from orange to grey. They took the fried egg headlights right out of the Boxster parts bin and went racing.

p.s.
swap out the corner triangles if the pumpkins bug you and maybe paint over the orange with a thin coat of grey paint or maybe some window tinting film. Others on this forum have tried both of these. I think the orange light will still shine through if you go with the film youll just need some kind clear tape to adhere the edges.. Black is better than orange I suppose. But I wouldn't drop $2K on litronics before doing a bunch of other mods that will make a far bigger improvement on both looks and performance. Try the salvage yards too. Maybe you can get one cheap but they have to be cheap because they obviously come with no guarantee.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 01-05-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote