View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 06:19 PM   #5
eslai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl AMG
I took delivery of my '06 Boxster S (see http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2807) earlier this week and have a couple of questions for 987 owners:

1. The manual suggests the windows can be closed when locking the car by holding the lock button until the windows close. I have this feature on my AMG but I can't make the windows go up with the key on the Boxster S. Any tricks I am not aware of?

2. It doesn't seem that the passenger compartment monitoring system is working. I locked the vehicle with the top down and put my arms in various parts of the cabin and no alarm. However, if I open the glove box, etc. the alarm goes off. Am I missing something here as well?

Thanks in advance!
You might want to take another look through your owner's manual--mine clearly states that the windows go up and down only if you stick your key in the lock and turn it, as SD987 suggests. Unfortunately, it does NOT go up or down with the buttons on the key.

As for the passenger compartment monitoring, I'm told that there's an infrared system in the car only if the top is up. I haven't tested that theory though.
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote