View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 05:08 AM   #12
enjoikr3w

Sorry for the late update and lack of pictures. Life got a little hectic and camera pooped out on me. I'll try and fix it and get pictures up soon. We have begun with the inspection process and here is what we have found:

The car had it's 60k maintenance done at the dealer when it had 71k miles.

Transmission most likely needs a new first gear syncronizer. I am in the process of finding a shop that can work on it. Recommendations for SA will be appreciated.

The clutch was on its last leg. It was pretty much down to the bone and has damaged the pressure plate. If it was used any longer then flywheel damage was probable.

The RMS seal is fine, no leaks. Now here is the predicament we are in. We have removed the IMS flange (engine was locked at TDC and tensioners removed beforehand) and visually inspected the bearing without removing it. It looks perfect, like new. We dont know if we should replace it since we're planning on keeping this car for about 10k-20k more miles before selling it. The LN bearing is $600 and my dealer quoted me $470 for the original. What would you do?
enjoikr3w is offline   Reply With Quote