Thread: Obama's Latest
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #6
Perfectlap

well I love dogs as much as the next guy but we do have a system of courts that Mr. Vick went through, lost everything in his considerable fortune including his freedom (while child abusers skip so much as even a day in jail). Mr. Vick payed about as high a price as anyone guilty of abusing animals has ever payed.
Any other sport would have banned him for life but this is the NFL where getting rid of everyone ever convicted or charged with a crime would mean a much smaller league. For whatever other reasons, the commissioner decided to give Vick a second chance not just in sports but life really when you consider his other options. Anyone who has been watching Vick this season is nothing short of stunned at what a different person he is on the field and off it. A year ago nobody would touch this guy with a 40 foot poll and now he's at the top of the list of the highest payed athletes in the world. Going to prison was probably the best thing that ever happened to him because it seems to have righted the ship that was headed for a fate like that of Air McNair or O.J. Simpson.
I suppose if I wasn't a football fan, watching this amazing season and where this guy has come back from I wouldn't find some symbolism in his story. Its a comeback story that seems timely.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote