Thread: New Boxster Fan
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 11:10 AM   #5
Kan-O-Z

I actually gave the 350Z a fair shot. I know many people don't want to buy anything but a high image/status european brand but honestly I am one of those guys that cares more about the car than the brand name. I am not ready to pay lots of money for glitz and glamour if the car can't deliver anything but icing and image. Nissan by the way is a great company. They have produced some great cars like the R34 Skyline GT-R (was never sold in the US). By the way in case you haven't heard, the soon to be released R35 skyline GT-R is coming which will be sold worldwide unlike the last version. Everywhere else it will be a Nissan and in the US it will be an Infiniti simply because of what you said. It will be a twin turbo AWD 450-500hp...watch out 911 as it will be the main target.
Anyways, my point is, the Boxster actually has the goods to deliver. A great package worth it's price. The same can't be said about a lot of other European cars. My favorite SUV happens to be the Infiniti FX 45 (much better looking than the Cayenne) and better performing besides the Turbo (but's that's also about double it's price). My favorite midsize sport luxury car is now the M45 (see recent comparisons and it blows away the 5 series and the Benz and some other european cars - of course I am not talking top notch like M5 or AMG...once again double the money).
So if the car has great styling(classy, sexy, timeless), great refinement, great performance (not just specs but great balance and feel and power), great build quality and reliability and safety....all for a good price then I'm sold. The Boxster executes this better than the 350Z so I am sold
I just don't think it's fair to say that I wouldn't buy it because it's still a Nissan.....

Kan-O-Z
Kan-O-Z is offline   Reply With Quote