View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #12
yellowbox

Let me explain why I have a beater

Reasons for a beater:

1. I want to keep my Boxster forever (ok, maybe at least 20 yrs), given that no matter how reliable a car is, there's a finite number of miles that you can put on the engine, parts, etc. Yes, you can replace parts, engines, body parts too, but to keep the car as original as long as possible, I try to not to drive it daily.

2. For ppl who keeps the car for 5 yrs, then trade in and upgrade, sure, drive daily, but the miles you drive during that 5 yrs, say 100,000, I can enjoy that over 10 years because I really have no intention of selling it! I'm spreading my joy over many years. Remember, I don't have to drive it to enjoy it. I smile just to see it in my garage and wipe of the dust

3. Long, stop and go, commute in LA. Not 30 mins, not 60, but usually 90 mins or more, 1-way! An automatic beater saves a lot of energy (mine, not the car's fuel)

4. Once I'm more financially sound, I'll get a 911 or Cayman and get rid of the beater. the Boxster won't become a daily drive, but it'll split that duty with 911 or Cayman, therefore I'll get to enjoy a Porsche daily, YET keeping the miles relatively low for both.

5. In a perfect world, I'll own a Boxster, Cayman and 911, plus a Cayenne for HD or Costco trips. Hey, maybe a Panamera too, but if I have that much deposable income, I might as well get an used F430

Last edited by yellowbox; 08-04-2005 at 08:24 AM.
yellowbox is offline   Reply With Quote