View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke
I bought my second Boxster when it was covered with salt spray. Drove it on warm enough roads that had pools of salt brine to work for years. Never a spec of rust seen except on some exhaust/muffler bolts.

So I think there is an over-reaction to the car being from a salt the roads state here.
Hi Mike, enjoy reading your articles over on google. Ya I understand and agree with what you are saying. If a car is kept clean it is not a big problem, and really more then rust my complaint is just how everything seems to age more. When I was looking this fall all the cars that came out of the north and had been driven not garaged had brakes, strut, and rims were very old looking. Just a personal preference I guess. I drove mine this week after the snow and cleaned the heck out of it today, I just put new nice yellow Bilsteins in and keep the panels in my wheel wells clean and treated since with the 17 inch wheels the inside of the wells are very visible. I'm weird like that though, you can eat off the inside of my rims.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote