View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
sdean911

Thanks you guys. I wanted a 911 since I was a kid. I just had to wait 20 years to get the one identical to the one I sat in back in '73. Since then I did a ground up restoration, added a 2.7 RS motor, steel RS flares, 7 and 8 inch Fuchs and, well ...Life is Good. The newer flag mirrors are needed because I drive it to work often.

I have to agree on the Z3 motor comment. 10 years old and almost 90k on the clock and not a single issue of any kind. When I was shopping for a new roadster back in 2000 there was already talk of the RMS issue and the IMS bearing. After countless dollars making the 911 not leak oil, I just couldn't pull the trigger on the Boxster. Never regretted it as the Z is really a great long nose low beltline roadster. Reminds me of the old Healey 3000's from when I was a kid. But now it feels a bit dated. Strange comment from a guy that drives a 37 year old car to work, but none the less that is where my head is at.

Right now I am leaning on an early 200? Boxster. Probably an 'S' if the price is right. I also always wanted an old Lotus Esprit so no telling what will eventually happen. Not sure if and when I will do what, but it is fun to day dream.

Take care, Greg

P.S. I'll be lurking.
sdean911 is offline   Reply With Quote