View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 04:50 AM   #1
RandallNeighbour

Cuban Cigar Bands Needed (again)

Last time I asked forum members for cigar bands, one forum member sent me three Cohiba bands and it was great. I've made pens from those and need some more. Any decent Cuban band or really expensive Dominican band would be highly appreciated.

All I ask is that you carefully remove the band from the cigar, avoid folding the paper, and mail it to me flat so I can glue it to the barrel of a pen I'm making.

BTW, if anyone has a brand they love and would like one of these fine writing instruments that looks just like a cigar, let me know! I've sold a few this Christmas to friends and spouses who want to surprise their loved one with a cigar pen utilizing their favorite band or in this case, "contra-band" :dance:

These take about 10 hours to create, so if I can get $150 plus shipping for one, I'm happy.

Shoot me a PM if you have bands to donate to my hobby or you want one of these babies. Attached is a shot of a pen I made from the only Cuban Montecristo band a lady could steal from her husband humidor, so it's a little beat up... but I adhered it to the wood and then put a smooth finish over the top of it so it's completely protected now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg montecristo.jpg (235.6 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 12-24-2010 at 04:53 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote