View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 04:13 AM   #8
jcb986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale_K
Thanks for the informative reply (I've been searching AOS info on several sites). The second reason I think there might be an AOS problem is that the car has a stinky smell that I think is crankcase fumes (sort of smells like a pickup truck with a blown motor). The smell is most noticable near the rear fender vent on the passenger side.
Check for an oil or axle leak dripping down on the exhaust system. My 2000 S has a TIP. The passenger side of the TIP is the final drive side...my axle seal is leaking and I get that smell from fluid dripping down on the hot exhaust. I have an Indy fixing it early next year for about $300.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote