View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Questions about my 2000 S

I'm now a proud owner of a 2000 Porsche Boxster S manual. Any help on the following questions would be great....thank you!

- There is a raspy flute sound especially at low or steady throttle. Say 50mph in 5th gear at 2000 rpm...I hear the sound other times but that is when it is most obvious. With the top up it sounds like it is coming from the air intake or engine, with the top down sort of sounds like it comes from the right front but there are a lot of other wind sounds with top down so hard to say. It doesn't sound like a bad sound, just a singing sound.

- Not that I really care but is the blinker suppose to make a sound?

- Are bump stops required when putting in brand new Bilsteins, Bilstein says they are built in...though looking at their website I didn't see in the construction pictures.

- Are the rear shocks really as much of a pain to change as the DIY articles imply? The front are easy.

- Is it worth power bleeding the clutch...I did the brakes in less then an hour, so simple. I've heard that sometimes it is hard to get the clutch to come back up.

Anyway, thanks for any feedback! Hal.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote