Thread: New Boxster Fan
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
Kan-O-Z

New Boxster Fan

I am a new found Boxster fan . This is my first post in this forum so before I start with the Boxster stuff, let me tell you a bit about my current situation.
I currently own a Mazda Miata which is a great sports car. I know it doesn't have the best image about it (i.e. no one would say wow you own a Miata) but if you guys have never driven one, take one for a spin and you'll know what I mean. It is all about low weight and being one with the car and incredible handling. In any case, I've recently been feeling the bug for a more upscale and refined sports car and the Miata is just too raw at times.
Initially I had narrowed the field to S2000, 350Z, and Boxster. I don't like the BMW Z4 (and that goes for most of Bangle's new line). I think the Mercedes SLK is too much luxury and less sport (and I haven't heard the best things about Mercedes reliability). I soon dropped the S2000 because it's too high revving 4 cylinder with little torque (something not very usable in daily driving but good for the track), and in my opinion doesn't even look much better than a Miata. So I was down to my final two choices: 350Z coupe and Boxster S. I know you're thinking that one is a coupe and the other is a roadster. I happen to not really like the styling of the 350Z roadster and it's higher price puts it close to a slightly used Boxster. So it was either going to be a cheaper coupe or Boxster S.

On Monday I went for a test drive to see if I could narrow my two choices. My wife and I drove a 2001 Boxster S and a 2003 350Z. Let's just say, we were both won over by the Boxster S. The feel of the Boxster is very nimble, smooth and refined and smooth compared to the Z, The sound is incredible on the Boxster and add to it more luggage space than the Z coupe and a drop top and better handling and brand name recognition. Well, like I said, we were won over. I previously used to be a 350Z fan and still respect it but the Boxster is now the car I am after .

I am now seriously in the market for a Boxster S (preferably 2001 to 2003). I am going to post a few seperate threads because I have a few questions about the Boxster S. This seems like a great forum so I just wanted to introduce myself.

Kan-O-Z
Kan-O-Z is offline   Reply With Quote