View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 05:01 AM   #9
SoCalKen

So after over 30 years with no major incidents, last year I had the same situation as your wife with someone making a left turn into me. My insurance pulled ads from dealerships of comparable equiped and mileage vehicles and gave me the top price of 3. It was easier to deal with my own insurance adjuster and then let them collect from the other policy then to negociate with the others. It was way more difficult to get an allocation for pain and suffering. I went to the chirocpactor for approx 3 months. it used to be 3 times medical payments. Now they offered like $1000 over actual med costs. I said no thanks and they came back with actual med costs plus $1,500 and said they wouldn't budge. And true to form they wouldn't budge from there. Since I didn't lose any "work time" there was no loss of income and only the P&S. My insurance had already covered the medical of about $5k. What I didn't know was that my insurance company (and all) are able to negociate what you pay back. So when I got the check for $6,500 from the other guys insurance (negociate in advance) my insurance company agreed to take only $3,500 of it to pay back the medical, so I netted $3k for pain and suffering instead of only the $1,500 offered by the other guys ins. Hope this helps,
Ken
SoCalKen is offline   Reply With Quote