View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 08:27 PM   #10
PDXBoxster

Yeah, I agree...the conversion won't help resale..but then...

Brucelee,

I'm aware of the resale issue and you are absolutely right; I won't see much if I decide to sell the Box but I have no plans on doing that. We all own Boxsters here so I'm preaching to the choir when I say that the Boxster is the chassis to build upon. Just to show you the kind of guy Jeff Gamroth is, he even said the stuff I'm about to do has no payback, but then he said with a wry smile, "that's not why you do it."

When you see shootouts or track comparisons you usually see the Boxster ("S" in the articles I've read) beating out 911s and Corvettes or taking no less than runner-up. It isn't as powerful in a straight line, but the mid-engine can sure turn and I don't mean just left turns either.

My Box probably eventually will not have much original equipment on it but I always want it turning quickly. Even though I think the GT3 nose and rockers will make my Box look good and please my aesthetic side, I really like to drive it more than look at it and they are even an intergral part of the driving equation. Jeff believes that the GT3 nose and rockers create more downforce so turn entry speeds can be higher. On the Cup cars he builds and races he said he can tell when even the chin spoiler has come off (deep grass or something) because he cannot take turns at the same high speed as when it is on.

Anyway, I'm pretty jazzed; my Box goes to see Jeff tomorrow for about a week or so. One correction I should make is that after talking with Jeff today, only the front sway bar is a GT3 one since the front ends on Boxsters are pretty much 911s and only require some minor machine shop tweaks on the attach points. The rear cannot accomodate a GT3 sway so it will be something different (I have no idea yet, still looking around).

If anyone is interested I could take before and after pictures (maybe even some along the way while at Rothsport).
De-Ambered
...and lots more.
PDXBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote