View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 06:24 AM   #6
Perfectlap

well you don't see many Boxsters in the first place. Outside a car club or autocross club, how many people do you know or have you known who have one?
I would venture to say that the vast majority I've known have a second or third car and use the Boxster only for occasional weekend use. You're never going to get the limited numbers of Boxsters that are indeed out there into high miles with that kind of limited usage.
But that said, the first 50K miles of my Boxster have been more reliable than any Japanese car I've ever owned. Certainly more reliable than past American and German cars. The only caveat if you will, is that when the car does need repair it costs three times as much to fix. "Major maintenance" which you do once ever 100K miles like the clutch, IMS upgrade, shocks/springs, brakes/rotors, can easily run over $7,000 all in. Tires at $1,000 a set are also not cheap, but those are the same tires that go on any other sports car of this quality. At any rate if you buy this car you have to put money aside every month for big ticket repairs and maintenance. And you'd be wise to do one big preventative repair every year or so rather than to put them all off because you could be faced with two big repairs to do at the same time and that can catch you off guard.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote