View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #19
Perfectlap

like an idiot I was paying $1800 a year with some ****************ty but well known insurance company here in NJ. Six years ago I called GEICO when I first got the Boxster and they only matched their quote. So I stuck with the ****************ty company because the sales guy actually delivered the papers to my house personally (A for effort).

My six month policy expires next week so I finally decided to check all the majors. Okay here's the idiot part...turns out those GEICO and Progressive commericals are no joke. Right off the bat both are offering me $1100-$1200 with extras like lower deductibles for theft and collision. Allstate and State Farm were lower too but not as low. My old insurance tried to dupe with some story about how "most" private insurance companies will not cover you if get into a car accident, they leave it up to your auto insurance company. Well I called my insurance company and they said "nope you are covered fully".
I did some checking and discovered that the Progressive pays out a maximum of $700 a week in lost income for the price they quoted while GEICO will charge much more for that insurance. Winner: Progressive.

p.s.
All of these guys refused to tell me now or even to get back to me later on what the "actual cash value" for my Boxster was in the event of a theft or total loss.
Makes it kind of hard to determine if you're getting a good deal or not when they refuse to even set a low water mark. I think this is how they get you to pay the same premium year after year while your car loses 30%, 40%, 50% of its value.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 12-14-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote