Thread: Spyder shifter?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #10
Quickurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronoroa.zoro8
What is the source of its speed range with solid aluminium bushings shifter is nothing short of amazing when you realize how much these jacks, change the direction of the Spyder. By replacing the factory rubber bushings with solid aluminium units, the speed footage banish Source spongy, without direction from the factory to handle. The shifter is showing the urgency, mechanics intended.
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say. Do they have aluminum bushings throughout the shift linkage and mechanisms or just in the interior mounted shift mechanism? The stock interior unit in my 987 S had hard poly bushings and were replaced with hard poly bushings inside adjustable aluminum housings with the Schnell unit.
The Schnell unit has a definite feel to it, in that there is a distinct shift from current gear into nuetral before the distinct shift to the next gear. The Spyder unit, while about the same throw length (and one would expect effort input level) had no "clunkyness" to it. It was smooth as silk.