Thread: Spyder shifter?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
Quickurt

Spyder shifter?

Brumos is having a drawing for a weekend Porsche sport drive event at Barber Motorsports Park.
It's a real sacrifice to get in the drawing.........you have to test drive a new Porsche!!
Anyway, I ended up doing a test drive in one of their Boxster Spyders, and to be honest, I was not that impressed over my 2006 Boxster S.

The one point I was EXTREMEMLY impressed with was the shifter.

Does anyone know what shifter set-up the Spyder uses?
It is almost as short throw forward and back as my Schnell short shifter, with shorter side to side throw and as smooth as the stock 987 unit was.

I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!

The direct injection 320 HP 3.4 engine didn't feel much stronger than my 3.2, even though on paper it looks like it should be. The lowered chassis and slightly lower center of gravity was somewhat noticable, but the saleman freaked out when I didn't slow down for every little bump in the road, so I doubt I'd find the lowering was worth it for the way I use my Box.
All in all, I didn't find myself wishing I had made a deal (besides getting the chance for that Sport Driving School!!!) as I drove my good "old" 06 S away from the dealer.