View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #10
Norminhouston

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
I've thought of getting a dealer's license myself. It's $1500 a year here in Texas and you have to prove you have 10 car lot spaces available for inventory or they won't issue the license. This isn't too hard if you pay a local dealer a small sum annually to vouch for you.

To make the $1500 a year worthwhile though, I'd have to get into the business of buying a couple of cars a year and selling them. It's lucrative though—I know guys who go to the auctions each week to buy cars for people who have approached them, selling them the cars for just blue book wholesale and pocketing the difference.

Best of luck finding a boxster for cheap! The last two years have been rough on my personal financial situation as well. I can't imagine others with older boxsters are thinking, "I can't afford to keep this car. I should sell it for whatever I can get out of it as soon as possible."

And that's where you come in, eh?

Randall, have you looked into getting a Wholesale Dealers Lic? Last time I looked, the requirements were not as stringent.

Norm
Norminhouston is offline   Reply With Quote