View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #1
panameras

Need help diagnosing MAF related issues...

I'm not very mechanically minded so I will try to explain this to the best of my ability.

Early last year, due to the rough idling and throttle hesitation problems I cleaned the MAF following mikefocke's DIY, and it solved all the problems.

A few weeks ago, the throttle hesitation came back, I cleaned the MAF again and the problem went away for a week or so. Until last weekend, out of no where, the engine wouldn't rev pass 3k rpm and stalls intermittently. I unplug the MAF and all was fine again. So it seems to me the MAF has failed at last and I'm in the process of ordering a new MAF through ********************************.

I have also discovered some oil leaks on the part (not sure what its called?) directly below the throttle. See attached pics.

Another issue worth mentioning is, my mechanic found the engine running very lean on startups, by putting a "sensor" in the exhaust. But he doesn't have a Porsche "ecu reader" (sorry I don't know what the correct term is) to know the cause of it for sure.

Could these symptoms be related to an AOS failure? I tried removing the oil fill cap while the engine is running. It can be removed but I could hear the revs adjusting while the cap is being removed. So there is a bit of a vacuum. I don't know if it means anything?

I would appreciate any help.

panameras is offline   Reply With Quote