Thread: Oil leak...
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #12
johnsimion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O
I'd like to know that dealer too. Since I'm also from Missouri I might have a vested interest in knowing who NOT to go to! Of course, if you're in the KC area it will be obvious, since there is only one dealer in town. And if you ARE in KC , which indie did you go to,,,,always looking for a good one.

And Ray...I had a similar issue with my 01 a couple of years back. Fortunately for me it turned out to be a leaking valve cover gasket, so no big deal. Hopefully yours will be as simple a fix. If it's something worse, take Jake's advise and get it looked at asap and hopefully you can save the engine.

Bob
Yeah, well, I'm living in the KC area so there's your answer. I'm using BHR Racing as my indie. Really it's just Aaron Holstrom because he basically is a one-man shop. He's a really nice guy, very knowledgable, and explains and shows you things without making you feel like an idiot.

Funny thing about the cosmoline. I had a 99 Boxster that I owned for only 6 months before trading it in for the Cayman. I thought the Boxster wheels had rust on them. After I learned how to clean the cosmoline from the Cayman, I realized that the "rust" on the Boxster wheels was actually cosmoline. Yes, the Boxster came from the same dealer. If you can imagine that the cosmoline stayed on those wheels for almost 10 years and neither the dealer nor the previous owner knew or cared enough to remove it.
johnsimion is offline   Reply With Quote