View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 08:05 AM   #13
RandallNeighbour

Gary, I love that stealthy look so I tape them all up, plus, replacement litronics units are now $1000+ a piece when and IF you can find them for the 986.

Some drivers go nuts with the painter's tape though.

Topless, it's funny you should ask about that. My instructor this time around was a gruff old geezer who never once asked me to hold my wheel. He did teach me to turn my head and look at the turnout and then the next turn before I made the current turn into the apex which was incredibly helpful.

My problem with this is that I was unable to master holding my wheel totally straight while moving my head for that split second I need to keep the wheel straight. So, I gave him permission Sunday morning to hold the wheel for me for a lap to show me what he was yelling at me to do lap after lap (I said he was gruff!)

His reply was, "No sir. You will be doing all the driving today. You must struggle to develop the muscle memory and concentration skills to get this down."

He was at least 25 years older than my first instructor, raced cars for 20+ years in the SCCA, and boy howdy did it show. I lucked out.

I gotta figure out how to get back inside a calendar year though. I'll lose it all again and never get out of the green group if I don't! It's just hard to find the time and money as I have far more important priorities in life right now.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote