View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #20
manolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T
There sure are some self-righteous people in this forum. I made this post as a friendly gesture to help prevent this from happening to others, not so some podium-thumpers could lecture me on ethics.
Forums can be very helpful sometimes.

But sometimes its just not worth posting... everyone's a tough guy and an expert behind a keyboard. I don't post much or share my point of view for this reason exactly. I have done many of the mods/projects discussed here and I don't share my experiences very often. I have my own workshop/dyno and I know how to use it.

I work in motorsports. Over the past 10 years, when I have received an email/complaint/criticism from an internet tough guy and have to represent/defend the company I work for, I make a point to ask them for their phone number, or give them mine. I try to get them on the phone and speak directly whenever possible. Everytime they turn into a complete pussycat... even more so in person.

My point is, it's best not to say anything over the internet that you wouldnt say to another person directly, maybe at the next PCA event, AX, etc. On a personal note, I'm a slight @$$h01€. So if I'm an ass here, I would probably be an ass if I met you too.

Last edited by manolo; 12-06-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: my superior spelling/grammar skills...
manolo is offline   Reply With Quote