View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
PB2002

Stuborn Electrical Problem '02 Boxster

I am new to this site and have used much of everyone's helpful posts to work on my friend's 2002 boxster. It seems that there continues to be a stuborn electrical problem that I can't figure out and thought someone out there may have experienced this. The battery kept dying (6 yrs old) so I replaced the battery. The dealer confirmed that the alternator was bad so I replaced the alternator (and serpendine belt at the same time). Not difficult with the help of this forum. However, the car still has a problem with all of the lights continuing to flicker lightly (headlights, interior lights, LEDs on stereo etc.). I am not that familiar with boxsters and someone suggested it might be a "boxster thing" but this doesn't sit well with me. In addition the front speakers cut in and out when accelerating. I thought maybe the channel related to the front speakers in the stereo unit was going bad, but it only does this when the engine is on. When it is off, and using just the battery, the stereo/CD works fine. About a year ago the dealer replaced the ignition for my friend - could this have anything to do with it? Although 8 years old, this car has less than 25,000 miles on it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what else this could be? All thoughts are welcome.

PB2002
PB2002 is offline   Reply With Quote