View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #1
Killertraylor

30,000 maintenance in Portland, OR

Hello. Newbie here, but I've been reading everything here I can find - excellent site!

I've owned a 2001 Boxster for about a week now - it has 28,000 miles on it and I see that the prior owner had the oil changed at 25,000 at a dealership. My local dealer wants over $700 to do the 30,000 mile service, even though the oil doesn't need to be changed. I can change the cabin filter and air filter. I haven't taken the engine cover off yet to see where the sparkplugs are - are they hard to change? I've changed them on several prior cars so if I can get to them, I'm sure I can change them on the Boxster as well.

Finally, anyone know a respectable Porsche mechanic in Portland, OR that would be an alternative to the local dealer? The local dealer wanted to charge me $75 for the radio code and wanted me to bring the car in to do it(the prior owner replaced the battery and didn't have the code). I called the dealer up in Tacoma, Washington and they told me how to get the serial number to read out on the cd player and then I just called them back and they gave me the code over the phone. Needless to say, I'd prefer to stay away from the local dealer if possible after that experience.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Killertraylor is offline   Reply With Quote