View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 11:29 AM   #6
deliriousga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspell
strangely, the bearings didn't let go, the pulley metal holding the bearing in place cracked almost al the way around. If you picture a donut laying flat on the table, then cutting the hole out of the donut, that's what happened to me.
I've seen a few with the ball bearings missing or completely gone on other forums. I forgot about your pulley splitting like that so thanks for the reminder. That must be why they updated the pulley itself. When I ordered the parts, they all have updated numbers. They also have a part number on just the pulley, unlike the originals. The originals are numbered to replace the pulley, the steel insert and the steel cover. Next time I will only replace pulley and not all of the hardware. The hardware was all in great shape.

With mspell bringing up the pulley splitting in half I'm going to skip pulling the bearings out and replacing them. I'll toss the old pulleys instead. I'll look at the pulleys more closely and see if I can find any differences between them just out of curiosity.
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote