View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #13
favino1006

Hey Guys,

A follow-up:

I finished the fluid change this morning. Everything went pretty smoothly. I followed the excellent write-up that Andy put together on this forum along with the Pelican write-up. I let my trans. sit and drain overnight without the cover or filter on. I drained 4 1/2 liters total and then managed to put in 5 1/2. After starting up the car and taking it up to 40 C, I then drained a further 2 1/2 liters of partially contaminated fluid (in an effort to flush), then refilled 2 1/2 liters of new fluid back in. So all in all, I ran 7 liters of new fluid through the system but basically put 5 1/2 liters in. I then sealed everything up and went for a drive! The car is shifting through gears absolutely, noticeably smoother. It's awesome.

Now, on to the differential... What looks like it shouldn't be too much hassle, has just been ridiculous! I haven't been able to get the fill plug to break loose. The Bentley book says the plug torques at 22 ft lbs. I've easily put over a hundred on it trying to get it off, without any luck. It looks like it's got locktight or something similar on it and It's such a small space to work in! Anyhow, I'm going to go to an indie shop monday morning and see if those guys can get it open. I'm just amazed, lol. But, happliy, the creepy, guess-work part of the project is done! :dance:
favino1006 is offline   Reply With Quote