View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #20
jwade

Mods that lie outside the realm of oem I would be suspect of, unless they are Techart, RUF, FVD or some other genuine german tuner that really has the quality control under wraps and specifically works with Porsche during their design development program for any aftermarket part.

For what it's worth, mods listed below make my car fantastic to drive and I would not go without. The only real item that is not oem is are the turbowerx headers, which only get crazy loud when you stand on the gas and push the car past the 5000 rpm range....normal cruising is stock in sound and so is highway. no problems at all with them either.

However, that being said, the sound with the pse's butterfly valves wide open are just incredible and the R0W M030 package is simply something I should have done a long time ago.

Very impressed with the setup of my car now and plan on owning it a long time as it's paid for. I cannot stomach the thought of having a new '10 or '11 S with about the same setup I currently have and have to pay crazy money per month for ownership...And quite frankly, I think the 986S could still stand it's own with a new 987.2S...Don't get me wrong, the new ones are nice, but I still see too many parts on them that seemingly look 986....

The only thing I do worry about is if the IMS grenades my engine....and if that happens, it will go to Jake for a 3.6 swap out or I will go new and forget it. I will have to look at my options when and if that occurs.

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote